The thought of needing braces can be a big concern for many people. Whether you believe you may need them for yourself or you believe that your child may need them, the good news is a variety of solutions exist that can meet all of your needs. It takes only a few minutes to see the benefits of getting braces. Straighter, healthier teeth are important to everyone. But, is bracing something you need? To find out, the first step is always to turn to a dentist for a dental exam. He or she will be able to tell you immediately if there is a need for this type of care.
What Signs Exists?
Should you schedule this type of exam? For most people, the answer is yes. If there is any question that you may need braces, such as your dentist telling you that you do, it is best to get in for an appointment or consultation. Some typical signs that you or a child may need braces and will likely benefit from them include the following:
- There were concerns with baby teeth. Though braces are only applicable in older children after adult teeth come in, it may be a warning sign of a problem if you or your child lost baby teeth early or late, or there was irregular loss of those teeth.
- You have difficulty chewing. You cannot bite properly because of the alignment of your teeth.
- There are missing teeth or crowding of the teeth. This occurs when the teeth begin to overlap each other. Misplaced or blocked-out teeth are also indications of a need for braces.
- If there is a sound or you feel your jaw move, this can also be an indication of a concern.
- In some cases, people will bite their cheek or damage the roof of their mouth because of a misaligned jaw.
- The teeth may just not align properly.
Even if you are older, braces are likely to help in many of these situations. If you are unsure if you need braces or what the first step I getting them is, schedule a consultation with the best dentist in New York City and start on the path to a brighter, healthier smile. You may find that this is one of the best decisions you make. And, remember braces can help not only teens but also adults as well.
Call us at 718-535-1196 to schedule a consultation today.